When delivering Employability we support four
– Work in the Local and Global Economy;
– Career Management;
– Enterprise and Entrepreneurship; and
– Skills and Qualities for Work.
Our aim for Employability is to ensure that all young people and those seeking employment, develop the personal qualities, skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes that will give them a strong foundation for lifelong learning and work.
These skills are equally important for all people regardless of if they want to go straight into the world of work or study a course at college or university.
Employability also ensures that learners:
– develop knowledge about the different career options available to them;
– discover what their skills and personal capabilities are;
– recognise the importance of choosing a fulfilling career;
– recognise the importance of enjoying work; and
– can make informed career choices based on knowledge about the world of work.